Printing like a snap
CITRIS Invention Lab at UC Berkeley is excited to announce the launch of SnapFab - a new online 3D printing service!
Open to all Maker Pass Holders, just submit your design online and we will print it for you.
Details of the SnapFab 3D Printing Program:
Welcome to the SnapFab! We’re excited to get you making and innovating as soon and wherever possible. However, as always, we need to cover some details about the operation of the SnapFab program.
- You must be a current Maker Pass holder and have completed the Ultimaker 3D Printer course successfully.
- The cost for SnapFab 3D printing service is $10/job (large volume prints may require material fees)
- After purchasing the service from our store, you will get a link to fill out information and upload your files.
- You can only print 1 model per job unless the models are smaller than 1 cubic inch.
- You will receive emails for status update when 1. the job has started. 2. the job is failed. 3. the job is finished.
- If your print failed, please check the support setting and the initial layer speed setting in Cura (should be 10 mm/s if you select 0.8mm nozzle, and 20 mm/s for other nozzle size)
- To pick up your print, show your proof of purchase to one of our staff members. Check the calendar for lab manager hours before you come.
- While we will attempt to meet your deadline - Printing is dictated by staff and printer availability and part printing times, quick turn around times cannot be guaranteed.
- Multi day long prints and prints over weekends are strongly discouraged, as chances of failure increase over time and overnight and weekend prints are not monitored by staff.
We’re ready for you! Send your design!